Deadline extended for the book group order

Hello all, well. Today is the day the Usborne and Barefoot Books Group Order is supposed to close. I’m going to extend the deadline to Monday, October 29 instead. My lovely friends are going to help me finish this order up just in case I happen to be in Utah or scheduled for PFO repair, so please don’t hesitate to order.

I have only had a few orders come in, and I will email those people to make sure they are okay with the deadline extension. I know it might be wiser to cancel those orders and just throw in the towel, but given the state of the bank account and mounting medical bills, getting my hot little hands on some discount books is going to be a vital element to our lean Christmas. Please don’t think I am groveling, I just don’t want those of you who were going to order anyway to decide not to because of all of this stuff going on. My friends will make sure the order is placed and help divide and ship the books when they arrive. They are seriously rock stars.

Please read this post for instructions on how to order, and please spread the word! I need gobs more orders to meet the minimums. Thank you!

Little Update

I have a couple of appointments, one with a cardiologist here on Wednesday, and another with a heart specialist in Utah on Thursday. Since my mom is here, I’ll be traveling down with her while my husband holds down the fort up here, and continues to run our homeschool. We’re hoping I’ll be scheduled for PFO repair very quickly, but that’s all up in the air. Who knows if I’ll even ‘qualify.’ There are some clinical trials I could be eligible for, but there is only a 50% chance of receiving a device since it is a double blind study. I’ll keep you posted… my ‘episodes’ continue and got quite frightening last night. Magnesium and Potassium seem to help my heart regulate a little better, so I’ve increased my intake of those.

Thank you, thank you for all your kind words. Even though I haven’t met most of you, I’m so grateful you care and are able to spare a prayer or two. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

Comments

1. Falwyn says

I wish I could put in an order right now… Well, I *always* wish I could order books! But perhaps next time. In the meanwhile – I am most assuredly keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I only wish i could do more.

2. Sarah says

I’m saying prayers for you for your PFO repair. I have a friend who went through the same thing 3 years ago. She is feeling fabulous now. I hope the same for you.

3. Michelle @ needle and nest says

I just left a comment on your previous post, but I wanted to post here. If there is anything, anything I can do for you to help you out with your Christmas plans please let me know. Things are tight here too and I have a baby on the way in a few weeks, but I still have some time and energy to sew. I’d love to make something special for your little ones if you’d allow me. Maybe a covered journal like this for each of them: http://needleandnest.blogspot.com/2012/10/check-another-one-off-list.html. Just let me know. xoxo

4. Kat says

If a Barefoot Books book lists a sale price, do you want the regular price or the sale price? Also, I’m not seeing any ISBNs for Barefoot Books, should I be looking somewhere specific?

• jessica says

You can leave the ISBN off for the barefoot books. I have them on my order form, but they’re oddly absent from the catalog or online. But I should be able to sort out which book it is if you give me the rest of the info.

I think we have to go on the retail for the discount, not the sale price.

• Kat says

That’s what I thought, I was just checkin’. :) Oh my those books are BEAUTIFUL!!! I planned on ordering a bunch. I made my list and it’s $1000 and I didn’t even dive into Barefoot Books. Eek! Now I have to widdle it down. Oh, my first world problems.

5. Lora says

I’m keeping you in my prayers.

What a blessing the phenomenal relatives and friends in your support network are!

6. OMSH says

Clinical trials? That makes me nervous. PFO? I need to Google. Praying for you. The whole family is praying for you actually. Love, love and more love.

• jessica says

Indeed. It might be the only way though. We’ve heard rumors that the surgery costs 30K – 60K, and one where it said it was more like 10K. Hoping for the latter!

xoxo

7. Sarah says

I’m so sorry for this health crisis, Jessica. I pray that you will get answers soon and that your recovery will be swift and complete.

I was going to place an order, but when this came up, I thought it would be too difficult for you to pull it off right now. But now that I know you have help, I’ll place my order. I checked out the Barefoot Books website–gorgeous! Can we order other things besides books? There are a few games and some yoga cards that I’ve got my eye on.

8. Christina S. says

I’m so afraid for you! I hope someone can help you soon. That seems so scary as it was so sudden and hasn’t gone away… I hope you get some answers! I’ll be thinking of you!

9. Lisa V says

Thinking of you and sending thoughts, vibes, and all else your way. I wish you weren’t dealing with it at all. Totally stinks.

• jessica says

Thank you Lisa, I was really down tonight about it and I exclaimed, “This stinks!” it cracked my kids up so thanks for putting that little ear worm in place :o)

10. Kirsten says

Yeah, I wasn’t going to bug you about that book order… But now I will. :)

I know you have peeps here, but let me know if you need anything in Utah!

11. tm says

Although I’m not a praying person, but I think of you from nearly other side of the globe and I wish you and your family all the best!!! Take care!