Why, hello there, gentle reader. My name is Jessica, and here is what I look like these days. At least according to this grainy instagram photo taken with my iPod. I’m just glad you can’t really see the zit cream I was slathered in. I was super excited (thus the hitchhiker thumb + finger gun + exuberant wink face) to go to bed after staying up too late working.
Life balance: Lots (okay, like a handful) of people have written to ask if I really do balance everything. The answer is, sometimes I balance a few things pretty well. Other times a lot of those spinning plates come crashing down. But I strive for simplicity, and a little less of the ‘ineffective multitasking’ I joke about in my sidebar.
What I do: I work from home as a full time web designer & illustrator for a great company while my husband homeschools our four children and does a better job at keeping up on laundry than I ever did. We are wanna-be farmers raising chickens and goats, and hope to someday realize our dream of owning a small, self-sufficient hobby farm.
Trivia: I can wiggle my ears, can’t do cartwheels, have had 3 sets of braces and 2 jaw surgeries to correct a super-stubborn under- and cross-bite, and adore the darkest of chocolates.
- Questions: Ask me your burning questions on Formspring.
- FAQ: Here is a list of older (pre-formspring) questions and their answers.
- Pinterest: Do you pin? I love visual bookmarks!
- Twitter: I post tiny tidbits semi-regularly on Twitter, though I’m kind of crummy at keeping up with all the conversations and following people back.
- Instagram: I don’t have a fancy phone, but sometimes I find the perpetually missing iPod and manage to charge it so I can post pics there before I lose it again.
- Photos: I don’t lose my DLSR very often, and like taking pictures with it. I put a lot of photos into Flickr Photo Albums for easy posting on the blog.
- Email: Contact me on this page.
I am an Amazon Associates member and utilize affiliate links in posts and for the books in my sidebar. Amazon pays me a small percentage of a sale if you click through one of my links and make a purchase. I only link to products I can recommend, and make a note if I know of somewhere else you can get the product for less.
I do accept some reviews / sponsorships, but will always disclose when I was compensated (monetarily or with product) for the review or feature within the blog post. My reviews are also honest, I do not shill or hawk products I do not believe in, and give my honest opinion regardless of compensation.
From time to time, I offer ad space in the sidebar. These are simply affiliate links to products and companies I like and can recommend, some are free links for friends or family to help spread the word about their business. Occassionally I accept payment for ads, but only if they are products / companies I can stand behind and recommend. If you can’t see them, you probably have an adblocker installed, or I’ve grown weary of the blog-clutter and have retired them for a while.