Well! We did sign the papers on Monday (omygosh!), and our counter-counter-counter offer was accepted (eeeiik!). We are happy with the final numbers (holy wow, it is expensive to sell a home), but we’re still refraining from throwing confetti until it’s all finished and done. I’ve read horror stories about families who move out and buy something else and then their house sale falls through in the final stages.
I guess I’ve talked about it enough that one of my kids was finally like, “What do you keep saying? Our house is going to fall through? Like a HOLE? Is that why we’re moving?”
Oh dear. Sorry, kiddo. I had to explain how contracts can get jammed up and funding can hit a snag, and I realized just how many silly colloquialisms I use to describe things. (The jam is snagged, what?) It’s a wonder my kids have learned proper English at all.
We’re waiting to hear when the inspection will be, I’m kind of surprised we’re on the other side of this week and haven’t heard yet, but maybe it won’t be until after the weekend. We got the ‘commitment from the Title Company’ this morning, but the closing coordinator suggests we not go nuts about packing until after the inspection. It makes me a little nervous (and of course I’ve already begun, jinx or no) since we need to be out by the 28th.
Have you sold a house before? I know sometimes you start packing immediately because you *have* to be somewhere else for a job, but in this situation, would you start packing now? Or wait until after the inspection?