- J & K had their dance recital last weekend, they both did so well, I’m so proud of how hard they worked!
- K & B have had a lot of fun with paper, markers and tape this week. Along with those lovely taped-on beards, I think they’ve made rainboots and umbrellas for almost all their stuffed animals. It’s been rainy here!
- B loves his overalls and loves to help me gather eggs. He looks just like a little farmer here, surrounded by cute baby goats.
- Punkin and Butterscotch both had a trip to the vet early last week. The prognosis was not good. The vet said they both had fatal sounding heart murmurs and asked when we wanted to put them down. We decided they seemed happy and comfortable (wagging tails, no crying) and chose to care for them instead. Butterscotch had a really encouraging week, but died yesterday in my daughter’s arms. There is much sadness and grief today. We ended up with three of the four (human kids) sleeping in our room last night.
- Punkin was the healthier one, and though he is thin and lacks energy, he still nurses, and is still giving my little ones hope. I think he’s maybe got a week or two left. I can’t decide it would be better or worse for my tender hearted Miss K if he passed on this week, or next while we’re at swim camp.
- My heart is just broken over our failures with our first goat kiddings. There is so much we didn’t know, and I’m drowning in guilt. What we have learned about iodine deficiency will help us next time, but does nothing to bring back these little lost lives. I will post more on this later.
- I’m horrified at the loss in Oklahoma. I feel helpless and never know what to say. It seems like devastations and tragedies are happening more and more. If you are in the area, I hope you and your loved ones are okay. xo
A heads up on minimums
The Usborne and Barefoot Book Order is waaaay below minimums on both brands. The group order ends in just 2 days, so if you’re planning on getting an order in, can you let me know? Please share the 30% off offer on your social media networks and let’s see if we can get the word out and get enough orders to get our bargain. Thanks!